- Development of new markets and customer groups.
- Reducing competitive pressure.
- Acquisition of know-how or patents for new products.
- Expansion of the product range offered.
- Development of rationalization potential.
- Strategic advantages in existing markets
- Work out strategic advantages with the partner.
- Carefully select potential candidates.
- Assess goodwill appropriately.
- Working out common strengths
- Plan joint market development.
- Involve employees from the start.
- Communicate intentions clearly.
- Redesign processes and areas of responsibility.
- Align corporate cultures.
- Assess sympathies and antipathies.
- Discuss gut feelings openly.